I haven’t written in a while. To be honest life got a little messy over the last few weeks and it took some time to tidy it. www.oceannah.wordpress.com broke my unintentional hiatus by nominating me for a lovely award: A Very Inspiring Blogger Award and I’m quite touched. Thank you, Anna!
So, for this award, I am supposed to write seven things that my readers don’t know about me and suggest seven other blogs that inspire me.
1) I used to bite my fingernails all day, every day, till they bled. As soon as I finally quit I became a massage therapist so now I’m supposed to have short nails. Sometimes you’re born to do what you do already so I’ve quit quitting things.
2) If I had a super power, I’d like my fingers to work as individual dispensers: aloe gel, ketchup, antibac soap, water, massage cream, peanut butter etc. I’d have a lot more time if I wasn’t hopping from one tube, pump, pitcher or faucet to the next and how cool would it be to point at Belle’s bowl of cheerios and have it fill with milk!
3) In the 6th or 7th grade I decided I wanted to be in the Olympics and that speedwalking was going to be my sport. That summer I walked the speedwalker stride: pumping arms with elbows bent, hips swishing, exhaling in rhythmic puffs if I needed to or not.
4) Someone once asked me if I’ve been to the Grand Canyon. I think I have but to be honest I don’t remember. I said yes, but maybe I haven’t.
5) In college I had a photograph of George Carlin framed and it sat on my desk.
6) I sing Dan Fogelberg to TLD and Jimmy Buffett to Belle every night and Poi Dog Pondering to everybody every breakfast.
7) As a child, I had an imaginary friend that was a crab named “sniffer”.
To pay it forward, here are seven bloggers that inspire me. These sites give me ideas, motivation and laughter:
1. http://www.embracingepiphanies.com/ Rita is a brilliant writer who takes me with her on her journeys through her stories, poems and photography. They’re always touching, clever and poignant.
2. http://www.smallnotebook.org/blog/ Every day I receive a great little gem from Rachel. She offers tips on organization, DIY projects, and simple housekeeping. Her easy steps and photography entertain me even when the day’s topic isn’t really on my radar. I don’t know if I’ll ever install a ceiling medallion but I learned how to do it a few days ago!
3. http://arignagardener.wordpress.com/ Bridget transports me to her beautiful Irish country life for a few minutes whenever I need a good dose of beauty and humor.
4. http://open.salon.com/blog/jlsathre/ The owner of a small bookstore and the beautiful characters who browse her shelves delight me every time!
5. http://open.salon.com/blog/torman/ David invites me to his ranch, to see his animals and enjoy a sit on his porch. His entries are always meaningful.
6. http://jenisplendid.typepad.com/ Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream is much more than a guilty pleasure and her blog is a scoop of salty caramel for my soul. A master culinary artist, Jeni just won the James Beard Award for her cookbook! I have it on good authority that the sweet corn and raspberry recipe will get you laid.
7. http://howlatthemoonrescue.com/ Jen rescues Siberian Huskies and German Shepherds. We adopted “Ramsey” a few weeks ago to complete our little homestead family. Stop by her site to see the good work she’s doing!
Thanks again, Anna, for bringing me back to my keyboard! Please check out these fellow bloggers and SPREAD THE LOVE. I’ll post more from The Tenderfoot shortly!